Informal application to "The Origin-of-Life Prize"

Rodjk #613 rodjk at my-deja.com
Thu Dec 21 10:53:19 EST 2000


In article <myers-0CFC7F.09032921122000 at news.info-link.net>,
  pz <myers at mac.com> wrote:
> In article <91t5ic$6e5$1 at nnrp1.deja.com>, zOz
> <wissenschaftskritik at my-deja.com> wrote:
>
> > My informal application to the $1.35 million prize of the
> > The Origin-of-Life Foundation http://www.us.net/life/ :
> >
> > [begin quote]
> >
> > In order to resolve the mystery of life, it is necessary
> > to go back to the time before materialistic reductionism
> > (Descartes, Bacon, Galilei) edged out panpsychism (Cusanus,
> > Kepler).
> >
> > Unfortunately materialistic reductionism is nowadays
> > confused with science itself and the explanation of
> > life within 'science' has become impossible.
> >
> > I have resolved the mystery of the origin of life in a
> > very simple and elegant way based on panpsychism.
> >
> > To try to publish a paper based on panpsychism "in a
> > well-respected, peer-reviewed science journal" is as
> > problematic as to publish a scientific refutation of
> > a basic premise of catholicism in a well-respected
> > publication organ of the Vatican.
> >
> > Here the abstract of my theory:
> >
> >   "ABSTRACT: The psychon theory is a panpsychist evolution
> >   theory based on a continuity from elementary particles to
> >   human souls. Elementary particles are like very primitive
> >   and basic organisms and we all (our souls) were elementary
> >   particles billions of years ago. During evolution our
> >   psychons (souls) have been responsible for the behaviour
> >   of atoms, molecules, enzymes, living cells, primitive
> >   neurons, primitive animals, ... , monkeys and of our
> >   ancestors.
> >
> >   The psychon theory has very concrete consequences, for
> >   instance there must be a limit to the number of human souls,
> >   which according to the latest demographic data could be
> >   even less than 7 billion."
> >   http://members.lol.li/twostone/E/psychon.html
> >
> > A further extract ("Psychons and their Evolution"):
> >
> >   "The maturation of a protein from the corresponding chain
> >   of amino acids can happen in the following way:
> >   <In important (evolutionarily older) sequences of the chain,
> >   amino acids become active, that is they are animated by
> >   psychons. Because of environment continuity these psychons
> >   are the ones which have built up the same protein (or the
> >   same sequence of different proteins) innumerable times.
> >   These psychons build up protein parts which can be animated
> >   as a whole by other psychons which then build up the
> >   complete protein.>
> >   So it also becomes comprehensible that RNA sequences
> >   (introns) are able to cut out themselves or that order is
> >   maintained during DNA recombination.
> >
> >   During evolution, psychon animated molecules have been
> >   joining together in always bigger units. Animated molecules
> >   such as amino acids and nucleotides began sometime to form
> >   chains. By specialization psychons emerged which dominated
> >   such chains. Proteins are conceivable which replicate by
> >   adding corresponding amino acids to one chain end, until an
> >   identical protein can split off. Reproduction by base
> >   pairing of two complementary strands is even more efficient.
> >   The invention of translation, a complex symbiosis of various
> >   ribosomal psychons, was certainly one of the most essential
> >   steps during the evolution of life."
> >
> > I have not only successfully defended the theory on the
> > discussion forum talk.origins, but also efficiently
> > pointed out (more or less well-known) inconsistencies
> > of the currently prevailing neo-Darwinism.
> >
> >   "According to the psychon theory, enzymes are like primitive
> >   animals. At least proteins and RNA enzymes should have
> >   evolved  at first indepentently. Self replicating proteins
> >   learned sometime to use short RNA templates in order to
> >   accelerate the production of new proteins. This technique
> >   was continuously improved not only by pure chance but also
> >   by final laws of nature.
> >
> >   The emergence of the genetic code can be compared with
> >   the emergence of human languages, and the emergence of
> >   the highly complex living cell with the emergence of modern
> >   cities. All species and evolutionary innovations were
> >   designed in a similar way houses, cars or ships have been
> >   designed. But at the same time they have evolved by chance
> >   in a similar way houses, cars and ships have evolved.
> >
> >   If it is true that living cells using the modern genetic
> >   code appeared very early on the earth, then it is highly
> >   improbable that this very complex code evolved the first
> >   time on earth. Such an information transfer from 'cosmic
> >   ancestors' to the earth is possible, because an essential
> >   part of the information of living systems is stored in the
> >   immaterial psychons.
> >
> >   We cannot reproduce the behaviour of enzymes of the early
> >   earth because their behaviour depends on psychons which have
> >   further evolved. So amino acid sequences which would have
> >   folded millions or billions of years ago, today do not fold
> >   any more. In the same way, sequences which fold today did
> >   not fold on the early earth."
> >   http://members.lol.li/twostone/E/deja6.html
> >
> > [end quote]
> >
> > I'm quite confident not to win the prize, nevertheless,
> > from a purely scientific point of view, I would merit
> > at least a substantial part of it.
> >
> >
>
> There was no science at all in the above passage. You have no
evidence
> for psychons or souls, but you've spun out this entire unfounded,
silly
> scenario from them. You claim to have successfully defended this
theory
> on TO; I've missed that. I've only seen you spout dogmatic nonsense.

Well, he at least tried to come up with a theory. The creationist have
never even done that. (at least not in the last 100 years).

Rod #613
>
> --
> pz
>
>


Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/






More information about the Microbio mailing list