U-tube with sintered glass filter??

Ben bensabio at sover.net
Thu Dec 21 23:24:55 EST 2000

Anyone know where I can obtain such an apparatus?  It's used to separate
populations of cells (broth cultured) in order to test for chemical vs.
cell-contact effects between them -classically used to show that genetic
recombination in E. coli depended on cell-cell contact (conjugation),
but also to show chemical influences (growth enhancement or inhibition,
etc.) between different organisms.  Is this apparatus commercially
available?  Any leads would be appreciated.  Ben


More information about the Microbio mailing list