Career in the Microbio Sciences

Arthur Sowers arthures at magpage.com
Tue Feb 15 19:45:09 EST 2000

I'm happy to say that Jim Hu has a good outlook on the realities of the
"sci career." I could make a few comments here and there, but on the whole
I don't think its necessary. Although my website is a, sort-of, roadmap of
the bumps, quicksand, landmines, enemy territory (you all need to have
your radar turned on, and look over your shoulders [because that's where
the backstabs come from]), bomb targets, and the "lottery of life"
(meaning _luck_), one can get information about what to seek (finding a
good postdoc position, what needs to be in a CV, etc.).

Art Sowers