Filter problem

Heaton, Karen k.heaton at lancaster.ac.uk
Wed Feb 16 09:09:24 EST 2000

	We are having problems buying good quality, black membrane filters
(0.02um) to use for tasks such as DAPI counts.  We used to get Poretics but
then the supplier changed them to MSI (I think the company was taken over) but
these stuck together and then they were changed to Osmonics (a name which used
to be on the Poretics box too).  We've had problems with these too - patchy
distribution of filtered bacteria and they give a  blue rather than black
background.  As of last week they have stopped selling them altogether..

	Could someone  (preferably in the UK) give me the name/address of a
suppler please?

	Any help appreciated...before we run out!!

	Cheers

	Karen

---