DNA is NOT a helix

biegel at concentric.net biegel at concentric.net
Wed Feb 16 14:57:20 EST 2000

I am new to user groups, and I hope therefore that this message reaches
someone who is interested.  I seek a brave person with a DNA laboratory.

I can prove that Form I DNA (i.e., "CCC" or covalently closed circular,
duplex DNA) from native sources is generally NON-helical.

Actually, this has been proven twice before, therefore I should say rather
that I can prove DEFINITIVELY that native circular DNA is NOT, topologically
speaking, a helix.

But I can't do the work myself, because I have no lab, and I'm not a
professional scientist.

Anyone getting involved in this work stands to get famous, but also stands
to be rather severely criticized.  People who challenge the "right-handed
helix" tend to be ridiculed, and, if it's possible for them to be hurt
(i.e., by cutting off of grant support), they may be hurt also.

Therefore, I said above that I seek someone "brave", because you WILL be
criticized for telling the truth.

I also need someone with a laboratory.  To do the critical experiment you
need access to good-quality (i.e., un-nicked) Form I circular DNA from a
virus or plasmid, a pH meter, and apparatus for agarose gel electrophoresis.
That's it!

The experiment I will describe is so incredibly simple, you just won't
believe that in 30 years, no one has seen fit to do it.  It takes 1 day.

If you are interested, please contact me.

Yours truly,

K. Biegeleisen, M.D., Ph.D.