Career in the Microbio Sciences

Joshua Halpern jhalpern at ms1.dgsys.com
Wed Feb 16 20:55:05 EST 2000

Russell Martin (russell.martin at mail.wdn.com) wrote:
: Arthur Sowers wrote:
: > On Tue, 15 Feb 2000, Russell Martin wrote:
: > > giner wrote:
: > > snipped
: > > >
: > I though that's what he meant anyway. Live in your boxes, move in your
: > boxes, live in them again. When I was a grad student, I lived in a
: > trailer. A real cardboard box. I heard about a micro-b grad student who
: > lived on nutrient agar, pilfered from the micro-b student lab stores,
: > throughout his grad student days.

I have some friend who were REALLY dirt poor as graduate students
way back, to the point that one day for a special treat they
"borrowed" a lab rabbit and cooked it.  After throwing up, they
said that it had tasted just like the foul food that the lab used
to feed the animals.  I never had the guts to ask how they knew what
lab animal chow tasted like.

josh halpern