Career in the Microbio Sciences

whoami whoami at tamu.edu
Thu Feb 17 17:43:01 EST 2000

In article <85256888.00706FBB.00 at baltmta01.ms.bd.com>,
Bill_A_Nussbaumer at ms.bd.com

>I was certainly pleased to see the experience of the previous poster's grad.
 My
>BA was in Molecular Biology but I'm completing a MS concentrated in
>bioinformatics.  He may be an outlier in the general population but I really
>love this field.  I'm happy to find any reason to look at it optimistically.
>
>Bill Nussbaumer

Sounds good.  Just make sure a) that the specific case mentioned is not a
'rare' event, and b) that this is a field with a long term future.

I can recall a time in the mid 1960s when people who knew how to operate
analytical ultracentrifuges were in demand.  THese have now disappeared except
for
museum pieces.

I suspect a better run for bioinformatics etc., but science is fadish.