Long Term Use of Antibiotics

James Ross Cooke ucbejrc at socrates-a.ucl.ac.uk
Fri Feb 18 12:38:44 EST 2000

I used to have very bad acne. I was put on many different types and very high
doses of treatment to try and get rid of them but nothing seemed to work.
(Obviously no control experiments to prove that they didnt help a little).
 I then went on
'Roaccutane' (?spelling) and my spots went in under 3 months...never to
return. This drug must be prescribed (UK anyhow) by a dermatologist in a
hospital. It was linked to depression but I dont think this was proven and I
am still a happy chap.

Of more concern long term is the increasing degree of resistance to
antibiotics. Will we have to resort to the 1800s of medicine (amputation)
in the future? Or should I do a phD/EngD in the hope of finding a new type...

Jimmy (21)

*Jimmy.Cooke at ucl.ac.uk*