Plasmodium

arne315 at my-deja.com arne315 at my-deja.com
Sun Feb 20 09:36:07 EST 2000

Hi,
    As a non-biosci guy, I am wondering on the status of the
de-enciphering of Plasmodium and HIV virus(es) ?
    The translation of a genome database into useful information would
seem to be hampered by "embryonic induction" type considerations.
   That is, if any gene "switches on" in an organism, it is unlikely
that it would have one, and only one, effect.
   Rather, it would be like the base of a fractal "tree" with an almost
indecipherable proliferation of results only a short distance "up the
line".
   We are dealing with a 4-dimensional process and in a multi-cell
organism, how are the trail of individual genes traced as the organism
grows??
       Arne

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.