Bacterial Plasmids

Rusty Cooper cooper_rusty at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 22 12:40:32 EST 2000

On Tue, 22 Feb 2000 08:04:30 -0400, "Andreas Toba"
<andreas at uole.com.ve> wrote:

>Hello!
>
>This is the first time I write to a newsgroup.
>
>Here is my problem
>
>I'm working with several natural occuring bacteria. I'm trying to isolate
>their plasmids, it's very difficult. I'm using Birnboin & Dolly and Kado &
>Liu protocols, sometimes those protocols don't work. Does anyone knows other
>protocols for isolate natural plasmids?
>
>Thanks in advance
>excuse my english, please.
>
>Andreas Toba
>from Caracas Venezuela (Universidad Central de Venezuela, Instituto de
>Biología Experimental)

I strongly suggest trying the miniprep kits from Qiagen.  They are
quick (30 min preps) and incredibly efficient.  Plasmid is of sequence
quality purity.

HTH

RC

Want more from your time online, like some cash?

Try these:

- http://www.getpaid4.com/?jwps3
- http://www.alladvantage.com/go.asp?refid=HED306
- http://www.paidforsurf.com/index.asp?refid=jwps3