KCN and S. cerevisiae

David B. Hedrick davidbhedrick at icx.net
Thu Jan 6 03:19:18 EST 2000

	Is the O2 consumption coupled to growth?  Do the fermentation products
change with O2 consumption?  Could it be growing by fermentation, the O2
reacting with fermentation products via a non-specific enzyme?
> > Is there someone that could explain why I observe a consumption of
> >  oxygen with S. cerevisae wt, catalase A deficient and acatalasaemic
> >  after having added CCCP (decouplant), myxothiazol, antimycine A and KCN
> >
> >  (inhibitors of respiration), the last one should not allow any
> >  consumption of oxygen but I have a signifiant one.
> >  Thanx a lot

Technical writing, literature search, and data analysis at the interface
of chemistry and biology.

	davidbhedrick at icx.net

	David B. Hedrick
	P.O. Box 16082