Bacillus species in food

spotsnall katzday at tamu.edu
Fri Jan 7 10:34:24 EST 2000

In article <853td3$5he$1 at the-fly.zip.com.au>, ianj at zipworld.com.au says...

>I am trying to get some up to date information (or any old information!) on
>Bacillus species involved in food spoilage. I'm interested in references to
>reviews, papers or books on:

(DELETED)

Sounds like a homework assignment- please do your own homework.
You'll be better off for it.

To help you get started here are some ideas-
Take a trip to your library and check out

1) a good general microbiology text
2) a food microbiology text
3) a medical microbiology text

Your library should have Bergey's manual which will help you with the current
taxonomy and nomenclature of this group of beasties.

A medical micro text, an infectious disease text, and a general micro text
should tell you which are spoilage organisms, which are food poisoning
organisms and something about the mechanisms for each.

PLEASE PLEASE DO YOUR OWN WORK

If you are not a student, maybe a reporter who has some assignment, still
do the above.  THe general info you gain from reading will improve your
story.

If your situation is neither of the above, please tell us why you need the
requested info.  Then, perhaps someone will gladly be able to help you.