Bacillus species in food

ianj ianj at zipworld.com.au
Mon Jan 10 15:03:55 EST 2000

. I covered a
>certain amount of food bacteriology in my thesis which you can download
from :
>http://www.griff-it.demon.co.uk. All I ask is that you send a mail stating
you
>have downloaded it for academic purposes only.

John,  when I followed this link I found your page but could not proceed any
furhter (nothing to click on). Can you check this for me?

To restate my needs:

I know a certain amount about the role of Bacillus about spoilage of food-
particularly bakery products. I know what is in the basic texts. John, you
are correct about reading all of the details in Bergey's Manual of
Systematic Bacteriology- I haven't looked there for a while so I will look
again. Most of what I know, I have learned from experience. Therefore, I
know that somethings, such as enzyme activity, is important to spoilage, but
I don't know whether there are reviews or chapters in some (obscure) book
that deal with the subject in greater detail.

I am trying to write a review of Bacillus spoilage in foods- without being
exhaustive and academic about it. I need more than what is generally found
in standard texts- I'm not sure that what I am looking for exists and I
don't have easy access to bibliographic search tools.

Any help, such as John's would be appreciated!

Ian