Anti-biotics and virus infections

spotsnall katzday at tamu.edu
Tue Jan 11 11:32:23 EST 2000

In article <387bbf4a.998709 at news.rdu.bellsouth.net>, johnstd at labcorp.com
says...

>David Johnston, Ph.D.
>Chief Scientific Officer
>LCA
>Drug Development Laboratory Services

O.K., my mistake about Bell South.

 So what is LCA? Where are you located? What does the company do? Why do you
think
you think the antibitics issue in animal feed is "simple."

THe growth promoting effects of antibiotics to my knowledge are not simple
matters.  SO, if I am wrong, please provide a short statement of how I am
wrong or why you think I am wrong.
.
I'm serious here. I'm not trying to razz you or cause a flame war or anything
like that at all.

My workunit is embarking on several projects related to antimicrobial
resistance issues and animal feed issues.  We are also concerned with
probiotics and their ability to both promote growth and to limit establishment
of pathogens in food animals.

So, while it might at first glance appear (seeing that we somehow got off
on the wrong foot) that we don't agree on things, I suspect we probably
do.

Looking forward to hearing from you.