About the extraction of fatty acid in yeast

Kyung Man You kmy4 at cornell.edu
Fri Jan 14 15:43:10 EST 2000

Hi! Newsgroup,

I'm trying to extract total fatty acids in yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae,
but I am not sure about my extraction procedure (The havested pellet is
washed with sterile water three times, spun briefly to remove as much water
as possible, and extracted with chloroform/methanol (2:1) at room temp. for
2 h. After solvent evaporation, the residue is treated with 0.5 M KOH in
methanol for 30 min, acidified with 1 M HCl, extract with hexane, and
concentrated under nitrogen. The resulting fatty acid methyl esters are
analyzed by GC/MS).

Can I get your comment or the exact procedure?

If you have any comment or new method about that, please let me know as soon
as possible.
Thank you!

kmy4 at cornell.edu

Posted via news://freenews.netfront.net