information about cells with elevated levels of delta-fosb

Veronique sunshyne at austin.rr.com
Sat Jan 22 10:13:12 EST 2000

> I'm looking for information in the next issue:
>
> What is the possible explantion that cells with elevated levels of
> delta-fosb

> esters
>
> that acting through ap-1 trancription complex?
>
> Sincerly,
>
> Alice Kozocaro

Anybody tell me if I'm wrong.. from the top of my head back when I was
studying AP-1: Fos is part of AP-1 that activates the immediate-early genes
of cells. Phorbol esters activate PKC (this is where I'm not sure) which in
turn activates AP-1 through the MEK and MEKK kinases (somewhere upstream of
AP-1 at least). If FosB is already activated by cocaine, perhaps you cannot
surimpose an activating by PKC.
The population of activate AP-1 might be maximum already.

That's my two cents,

Veronique