Calculating growth rates

a_r_holsee at my-deja.com a_r_holsee at my-deja.com
Thu Jan 27 10:40:01 EST 2000

Hi all,

I have been given a multitude of graphs depicting microbial growth over
a time period (48 hours) against a log biomass scale.  I have been told
that to work out the growth rate over a set period (i.e 2 hours) only
requires a simple calculation (and maybe a ruler!) - the problem being
that I don't know it!

Can anybody please help me with this calculation and perhaps also
recommend a book describing calculations for microbial growth
dynamics/predictive microbiology in (very) simplistic term for the
absolute microbiological beginner?

Alison

          a_r_holsee at my-deja.com
There are 3 kinds of people in this world:
those who can count and those who can't.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.