HANG ON TO YOUR ORGANS - THEY ARE YOURS!

Stuart Dunn dunns99 at erols.com
Tue Jul 25 15:52:52 EST 2000

noamchomsky at my-deja.com wrote:

> In article <20000724220123.04263.00000042 at ng-fk1.aol.com>,
>   yjgent at aol.com (Yjgent) wrote:
> > >Although, in the meantime, a range of quite gruesome animal
> experiments
> > >have taken place where, for example, organs from pigs have been
> > >transplanted into rhesus monkeys and baboons, some of whom have been
> > >captured from the wild.
> >
> > So what's your point? Should medical science stop trying to save
> human lives?
	The ends don't justify the means.

> > How does the animal rights movement encourage organ donations?
> >
> > Are you an organ donor? I am because I don't think my organs should
> be wasted
> > when fellow human beings need them.
> >
> > If you are going to complain about "gruesome" procedures (that can
> saves lives)
> > then do something positive about it. Get more people to become organ
> donors.
> > John Gentile M(ASCP)                   President - Rhode Island Apple
> Group
> > yjgent at aol.com
> > Microbiologists do it with culture.
>
> Organ donation is NOT  a positive thing !!
	Livee organ donations aren't, but unless you have a "Y" next to the
words "organ donor" on your driver's liscence, hospital staff may be
forbidden from harvesting organs from your body after you die. Having a
"Y" next to "organ donor" on your driver's liscence does not give anyone
the legal right or privelage of harvesting your organs while you are
still alive.