Crocodile antibiotics

Richard P. Grant rgrant at netscape.net
Thu Jun 1 04:12:00 EST 2000

There was a program on TV last night about an antibiotic naturally
occuring in Australian crocodile blood.

Does anyone know where there's further info about this?  I found

Shaharabany M, Gollop N, Ravin S, Golomb E, DeMarco L, Ferreira PC,
Boson WL, Friedman E.

Naturally occurring antibacterial activities of avian and crocodile
tissues.

J Antimicrob Chemother. 1999 Sep;44(3):416-8.

but there's no abstract and I don't have a subscription (and the
institute's sub won't let me at it . . .)

Ta.

Richard P. Grant MAD Phil        http://www.gerbil.org.uk/
Please reply to rpg 'at' mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk'

         Sex and bugs and rock and roll