Different counts in MacConkey Agar

Diane sparkz at peconic.net
Tue Jun 6 16:39:01 EST 2000

david.lawton1 wrote:

> <ecoli at cix.compulink.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:8hgjn3$1a8$1 at plutonium.compulink.co.uk...
> > Funnily enough my undergraduate second year students DO make up their
> > own media and they know what an autoclave looks like.
> > However, I am retiring next year so after that..............
> > Peter Harris
> > Soil Microbiologist
> > University of Reading,
> > UK.
>
> Nice to know the art isn't dying.
> When I started I spent about 18 months of my first 3yrs making media.
> I couldn't see our the head MLSO approving of all this pre prepared stuff.
>
> Dave

The art isnt dying.....I have been making media for almost 20 years here.   We
buy almost nothing prepared.  We have a newly hired technician, who just this
past friday had me in stitches, watching her pour SAP by hand with a tipet
flask.  Gave new meaning to POURING plates....and all the time she was
lamenting how at her other job they just went to the cooler and picked out
what they needed <WEG>.

Diane