gcouger gcouger at
Tue Mar 21 02:44:49 EST 2000

"Michele White-Samuels" <mslucia at> wrote in message
news:38D39BD3.9BA8F9BE at
>    I think this would be a very good and valid news/discussion group.  I
> what you're saying.  Antibiotics are definitely used too often and we will
> have a large population of resistant bacteria to deal with.
> Michele

What do you mean soon. We already have a large population of
resistant bacteria. Developing new antibiodics are the only thing
that will work. Managing use will only slow the process and not by
very much. The can of worms is opened we can't get them back in.

The problem that antibodics end up in the sewer system complicates
the problem a lot.

Gordon    W5RED

G. C. Couger gcouger at  Stillwater, OK
"You miss 100 percent of the shots you never take."   - Wayne Gretzky