bacteria ash content

Patrick Druggan Patrick.Druggan at btinternet.com
Fri Nov 3 14:33:21 EST 2000

I don't have a reference for ash content, but have one that includes a lot of references in this area.

Neidhardt, F. C.; Umbarger, H. E. (1996) Chemical composition of Escherichia coli. Pages 13-16. In Escherichia coli and Salmonella: cellular and molecular biology, Volume 1. Second edition. Washington D.C., American Society for Microbiology Press.

ISBN 1-55581-084-5

Please remember that the references available probably cover the Gram-negatives mostly, but that there are distinct differences between the various species.

Some people have suggested that gall-stones and kidney stones are caused by mineralisation brought about by nanobacterial infection.

I hope this helps. Pd.