Safe

Prssnblu prssnblu at aol.commoncolor
Sat Nov 4 21:05:52 EST 2000

In article <8u134n$a4k$1 at nnrp1.deja.com>, Bjorn Karger <bkarger at scn.org>
writes:

>Is it safe to assume that when they say, "Wash with warm water and
>a mild detergent," that they don't have any idea what they're talking
>about?

No.
"They" have a very good idea of what "they" are talking about. This simple
method for 10 to 15 seconds removes 98% of bacteria from the hands. Don't know
if there have been studies on the rest of the body or not but I don't know why
it wouldn't work elsewhere. Handwashing is the single most effective way of
preventing the spread of what you call "germs". And we do know quite a bit
about "germs". Read any basic microbiology text or go to an online course in
microbiology and learn what the rest of us know.