Comparison of sequenced genomes

Neil Saunders neil.saunders at unsw.edu.au
Tue Nov 7 01:34:43 EST 2000

""EHEC LEAP"" <eceh1 at hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:F82Qv5tz8ytURyGxut30000b0db at hotmail.com...
> I need to compare the ORFs of two completely sequenced bacterial genomes,
> can someone indicate me some software or on-line system that can help me?

Are they closely related?  You might like to try Artemis Comparison Tool,
from the Sanger Centre (www.sanger.ac.uk/Software).  You'll need the 2
genomes in EMBL format.  You also need to BLAST them against each other and
process the output using MSPCrunch with the -d option.  Then you load the 2
genome files and the MSPCrunch output into ACT and get a nice graphical
representation that you can scroll through.  Check out the Sanger pages for
more info.

Neil Saunders

--
School of Microbiology & Immunology,