ChrisRoesch chrisroesch at
Thu Nov 23 14:52:43 EST 2000

All cells (prokaryotic, at least) have some specific aa transporters, most
often coupled energetically to symport of H+ or Na+. Other permeases import
families of similar aa.
non-catalyzed influx of aa is measurable for e.g. Phe (as other small polar
molecules such as glycerol or ethanol also diffuse into the cell),

Patrick J. Fenneran schrieb in Nachricht ...