pseudomonas fluorescens P17

John Gentile yjgent at
Wed Nov 29 20:58:13 EST 2000

You should never use an inhibitory agar to start to revive a freeze dried
organism. If you received it from a company check the package insert for the
directions and the recommended media. I would always take frozen organisms
and put them on a plain blood agar plate and then subculture to BAP for the
next 3 days. Then you can try the pseudo type agars. Most pseudos like to
grow at a little less than body temp - try a 30º C incubator, although a
35ºC should work too. Pseudos are aerobic so they should be in ambient air
instead of CO2.
John Gentile                            Rhode Island Apple Group
yjgent at                         Past President, Publicity Chairman
 "I never make mistakes, I only have unexpected learning opportunities"