newbie question

Patrick Druggan Patrick.Druggan at btinternet.com
Sun Oct 1 10:11:18 EST 2000

That is a fair point about commercial or academia. I have spent my whole
career in industry and I am fristrated that I can't do some of the work I
want, because it is of no benefit to the company. I am writing up my
doctoral thesis right now. I've been doing it part-time, and I am left at a
cross roads - do I want to do some real research, or do I want to stay in
industry and never be happy, though my bank manager might be : )
""R. Jayakumar"" <jakku at mrna.tn.nic.in> wrote in message
news:000901c02b66$7f4a2cc0$8c01a8c0 at tn.nic.in...
> hi..
>     that was real downright funny.  That goes to show how guerillas
> contribute to scientific research. :-)) But working in private companies
may
> not always give you the freedom of research you need.  My professor after
he
> returned from his studies in US chose a low paid research job in a
> University rather than the cushy jobs offered to him in a several private
> companies, because he wanted to do research of his own choice.  Of course,
> salary suffers then.
>     jayakumar

Spain
> > for a while, worked as a furniture remover, and then I got a job
teaching
> > English in Peru. My dream of being another angst-ridden poet was finally
> > coming true.
> >
> > I was suppossed to fly out to Lima on the 31st December, so in the run
up
> > Christmas I arranged a going-away party with all my frinds form uni.
This