A question of concentration...

Gram Stain lkjoihogn at tamu.edu
Tue Oct 3 09:34:51 EST 2000

In article <rpg14-3FB016.13000603102000 at nntp-serv.cam.ac.uk>,
rpg14 at yahoo.co.uk.invalid says...

>In article <39d9b4d0$0$16590$7d5a4a58 at news.compuserve.de>, "Matthias"
><xanthos at ngi.de> wrote:
>

>The question you should ask is, does Salmonella survive in 9% alcohol
>AND half molar sugar??
>
>And you should get your eggs from not a supermarket, but a local farm,
>where salmonella is less likely to be endemic. . . .

You probably need to do the experiment.  C ut a deal with someone at
Salmonella lab. or food-technology lab. to  inoculate eggs before they are
used in your formula.  Mix your drink, and find out what has survived.

Love the concept--but I am not so sure you would be less likely to find
Salmonella contaminated eggs at a small farm as at a super market.

One thing you could try, since you seem to have a commercial product in mind,
use liquid pasteurized eggs.  Then, you could keep the alcohol content lower.

Cute idea in any case   :)
Cheers!!!