Scientist as Hero in Mystery

Brian Hoyle hoyle at accesswave.ca
Thu Oct 12 06:11:38 EST 2000

Not exactly the same, but books by Jeffrey Deaver usually are detailed in
the science of analysis of materials. I'm currently reading "The Devil's
Teardrop", in which the analysis of handwritten letters is a focal point.
Pretty neat the things that can be gleaned from a piece of paper. Also,
books by Kathy Reich, who is a real life forensic pathologist, contain lots
of squishy details of the analysis of the expired. Her skills as a novelist
are somewhat weak, until the icky sections, when her professional expertise
shows.

Cheers, Brian