help me, please!

Helen Niederwald helennie at my-deja.com
Thu Oct 12 07:56:52 EST 2000

In article <8s3ssb$aia$1 at news1.kornet.net>,
  "???" <piaowh at rna.com> wrote:
> Hi, everyone
> I have a problem with a cry gene, some one said some endotoxin have
four of
> that. Is there anyone has the information of the cry gene? please
help me,
> as soon as possible....

Hi one,
have you tried the library yet?

There are quite a few references on your gene of interest in the
database:

For instance:
1. Insertion and organization within membranes of the delta-endotoxin
pore-forming domain, helix 4-loop-helix 5, and inhibition of its
activity by a mutant helix 4 peptide.
Gerber D, Shai Y
J Biol Chem 2000 Aug 4 275:31 23602-7
MEDLINE, full MEDLINE, related records, full text

     Select

2. Activation and fragmentation of Bacillus thuringiensis delta-
endotoxin by high concentrations of proteolytic enzymes.
Pang AS, Gringorten JL, Bai C
Can J Microbiol 1999 Oct 45:10 816-25
MEDLINE, full MEDLINE, related records

     Select

3. Absence of toxicity of Bacillus thuringiensis pollen to black
swallowtails under field conditions.
Wraight CL, Zangerl AR, Carroll MJ, Berenbaum MR
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 2000 Jul 5 97:14 7700-3
MEDLINE, full MEDLINE, related records, full text

     Select

4. Susceptibility of Spanish populations of the corn borers Sesamia
nonagrioides (Lepidoptera: Noctuidae) and Ostrinia nubilalis
(Lepidoptera: Crambidae) to a Bacillus thuringiensis endotoxin.
González-Núñez M, Ortego F, Castañera P
J Econ Entomol 2000 Apr 93:2 459-63
MEDLINE, full MEDLINE, related records

     Select

5. Enhanced toxicity of Bacillus thuringiensis Cry3A delta-endotoxin in
coleopterans by mutagenesis in a receptor binding loop.
Wu SJ, Koller CN, Miller DL, Bauer LS, Dean DH
FEBS Lett 2000 May 12 473:2 227-32
MEDLINE, full MEDLINE, related records, full text

     Select

6. Bacillus thuringiensis delta-endotoxin Cry1C domain III can function
as a specificity determinant for Spodoptera exigua in different, but
not all, Cry1-Cry1C hybrids.
de Maagd RA, Weemen-Hendriks M, Stiekema W, Bosch D
Appl Environ Microbiol 2000 Apr 66:4 1559-63
MEDLINE, full MEDLINE, related records, full text

     Select

7. A vesicle capture sensor chip for kinetic analysis of interactions
with membrane-bound receptors.
Cooper MA, Hansson A, Löfås S, Williams DH
Anal Biochem 2000 Jan 15 277:2 196-205
MEDLINE, full MEDLINE, related records, full text

     Select

8. Effects of media composition of delta-endotoxin production and
morphology of Bacillus thuringiensis in wild types and spontaneously
mutated strains.
Perani M, Bishop AH
Microbios 2000 101:398 47-66
MEDLINE, full MEDLINE, related records

     Select

9. Binding of Bacillus thuringiensis Cry1Ac toxin to Manduca sexta
aminopeptidase-N receptor is not directly related to toxicity.
Jenkins JL, Lee MK, Sangadala S, Adang MJ, Dean DH
FEBS Lett 1999 Dec 3 462:3 373-6
MEDLINE, full MEDLINE, related records, full text

     Select

10. Production of chymotrypsin-resistant Bacillus thuringiensis Cry2Aa1
delta-endotoxin by protein engineering.
Audtho M, Valaitis AP, Alzate O, Dean DH
Appl Environ Microbiol 1999 Oct 65:10 4601-5
MEDLINE, full MEDLINE, related records, full text

     Select

11. Identification of Bacillus thuringiensis delta-endotoxin Cry1C
domain III amino acid residues involved in insect specificity.
de Maagd RA, Bakker P, Staykov N, Dukiandjiev S, Stiekema W, Bosch D
Appl Environ Microbiol 1999 Oct 65:10 4369-74
MEDLINE, full MEDLINE, related records, full text

     Select

12. Analysis of mutations in the pore-forming region essential for
insecticidal activity of a Bacillus thuringiensis delta-endotoxin.
Kumar AS, Aronson AI
J Bacteriol 1999 Oct 181:19 6103-7
MEDLINE, full MEDLINE, related records, full text

     Select

13. Amino acid substitution in alpha-helix 7 of Cry1Ac delta-endotoxin
of Bacillus thuringiensis leads to enhanced toxicity to Helicoverpa
armigera Hubner.
Chandra A, Ghosh P, Mandaokar AD, Bera AK, Sharma RP, Das S, Kumar PA
FEBS Lett 1999 Sep 17 458:2 175-9
MEDLINE, full MEDLINE, related records, full text

     Select

14. Green-tissue-specific expression of a reconstructed cry1C gene
encoding the active fragment of Bacillus thuringiensis delta-endotoxin
in haploid tobacco plants conferring resistance to Spodoptera litura.
Christov NK, Imaishi H, Ohkawa H
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 1999 Aug 63:8 1433-44
MEDLINE, full MEDLINE, related records

     Select

15. Interplant movement of Heliothis virescens (Lepidoptera: Noctuidae)
larvae in pure and mixed plantings of cotton with and without
expression of the Cry1Ac delta-endotoxin protein of Bacillus
thuringiensis Berliner.
Parker CD Jr, Luttrell RG
J Econ Entomol 1999 Aug 92:4 837-45
MEDLINE, full MEDLINE, related records

     Select

16. Mutations of loop 2 and loop 3 residues in domain II of Bacillus
thuringiensis Cry1C delta-endotoxin affect insecticidal specificity and
initial binding to Spodoptera littoralis and Aedes aegypti midgut
membranes.
Abdul-Rauf M, Ellar DJ
Curr Microbiol 1999 Aug 39:2 94-8
MEDLINE, full MEDLINE, related records

     Select

17. Susceptibility of Plutella xylostella (L.) (Lepidoptera:
Plutellidae) populations in Mexico to commercial formulations of
Bacillus thuringiensis.
Díaz-Gomez O, Rodríguez JC, Shelton AM, Lagunes A, Bujanos R
J Econ Entomol 2000 Jun 93:3 963-70
MEDLINE, full MEDLINE, related records

     Select

18. Seed mixtures as a resistance management strategy for European corn
borers (Lepidoptera: Crambidae) infesting transgenic corn expressing
Cry1Ab protein.
Davis PM, Onstad DW
J Econ Entomol 2000 Jun 93:3 937-48
MEDLINE, full MEDLINE, related records

     Select

19. Cloning and complete sequence characterization of two gypsy moth
aminopeptidase-N cDNAs, including the receptor for Bacillus
thuringiensis Cry1Ac toxin.
Garner KJ, Hiremath S, Lehtoma K, Valaitis AP
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 1999 Jun 29:6 527-35
MEDLINE, full MEDLINE, related records, full text

     Select

20. Two novel delta-endotoxin gene families cry26 and cry28 from
Bacillus thuringiensis ssp. finitimus.
Wojciechowska JA, Lewitin E, Revina LP, Zalunin IA, Chestukhina GG
FEBS Lett 1999 Jun 18 453:1-2 46-8
MEDLINE, full MEDLINE, related records, full text

     Select

21. Spruce budworm elastase precipitates Bacillus thuringiensis delta-
endotoxin by specifically recognizing the C-terminal region.
Milne R, Wright T, Kaplan H, Dean D
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 1998 Dec 28:12 1013-23
MEDLINE, full MEDLINE, related records, full text

     Select

22. Toxicity and binding properties of the Bacillus thuringiensis delta-
endotoxin Cry1C to cultured insect cells.
Kwa MS, de Maagd RA, Stiekema WJ, Vlak JM, Bosch D
J Invertebr Pathol 1998 Mar 71:2 121-7
MEDLINE, full MEDLINE, related records, full text

     Select

23. Improvement of Bacillus sphaericus toxicity against dipteran larvae
by integration, via homologous recombination, of the Cry11A toxin gene
from Bacillus thuringiensis subsp. israelensis.
Poncet S, Bernard C, Dervyn E, Cayley J, Klier A, Rapoport G
Appl Environ Microbiol 1997 Nov 63:11 4413-20
MEDLINE, full MEDLINE, related records, full text

     Select

24. Cloning and characterization of Manduca sexta and Plutella
xylostella midgut aminopeptidase N enzymes related to Bacillus
thuringiensis toxin-binding proteins.
Denolf P, Hendrickx K, Van Damme J, Jansens S, Peferoen M, Degheele D,
Van Rie J
Eur J Biochem 1997 Sep 15 248:3 748-61
MEDLINE, full MEDLINE, related records

     Select

25. CytA enables CryIV endotoxins of Bacillus thuringiensis to overcome
high levels of CryIV resistance in the mosquito, Culex quinquefasciatus.
Wirth MC, Georghiou GP, Federici BA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 1997 Sep 30 94:20 10536-40
MEDLINE, full MEDLINE, related records, full text

     Select

26. Isolated domain II and III from the Bacillus thuringiensis Cry1Ab
delta-endotoxin binds to lepidopteran midgut membranes.
Flores H, Soberón X, Sánchez J, Bravo A
FEBS Lett 1997 Sep 8 414:2 313-8
MEDLINE, full MEDLINE, related records, full text

     Select

27. Aminopeptidase dependent pore formation of Bacillus thuringiensis
Cry1Ac toxin on Trichoplusia ni membranes.
Lorence A, Darszon A, Bravo A
FEBS Lett 1997 Sep 8 414:2 303-7
MEDLINE, full MEDLINE, related records, full text

     Select

28. The heliothis virescens 170 kDa aminopeptidase functions
as ''receptor A'' by mediating specific Bacillus thuringiensis Cry1A
delta-endotoxin binding and pore formation.
Luo K, Sangadala S, Masson L, Mazza A, Brousseau R, Adang MJ
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 1997 Aug-Sep 27:8-9 735-43
MEDLINE, full MEDLINE, related records, full text

     Select

29. Intramolecular proteolytic cleavage of Bacillus thuringiensis Cry3A
delta-endotoxin may facilitate its coleopteran toxicity.
Carroll J, Convents D, Van Damme J, Boets A, Van Rie J, Ellar DJ
J Invertebr Pathol 1997 Jul 70:1 41-9
MEDLINE, full MEDLINE, related records, full text

     Select

30. Specific sequence modifications of a cry3B endotoxin gene result in
high levels of expression and insect resistance.
Iannacone R, Grieco PD, Cellini F
Plant Mol Biol 1997 Jun 34:3 485-96
MEDLINE, full MEDLINE, related records

     Select

31. Analysis of the large aqueous pores produced by a Bacillus
thuringiensis protein insecticide in Manduca sexta midgut-brush-border-
membrane vesicles.
Carroll J, Ellar DJ
Eur J Biochem 1997 May 1 245:3 797-804
MEDLINE, full MEDLINE, related records

     Select

32. A novel delta-endotoxin gene cryIM from Bacillus thuringiensis ssp.
wuhanensis.
Shevelev AB, Kogan YaN, Bushueva AM, Voronina EJ, Rebrikov DV, Novikova
SI, Chestukhina GG, Kuvshinov V, Pehu E, Stepanov VM
FEBS Lett 1997 Mar 10 404:2-3 148-52
MEDLINE, full MEDLINE, related records, full text

     Select

33. Channel activity caused by a Bacillus thuringiensis delta-endotoxin
preparation depends on the method of activation.
Smedley DP, Armstrong G, Ellar DJ
Mol Membr Biol 1997 Jan-Mar 14:1 13-8
MEDLINE, full MEDLINE, related records

     Select

34. The delta-endotoxin protein family displays a hydrophobic motif
that might be implicated in toxicity.
Pereyra-Alférez B, Bravo A, Quintero R, Soberón X
Mol Microbiol 1992 Aug 6:15 2095-8
MEDLINE, full MEDLINE, related records

     Select

35. Domain III of the Bacillus thuringiensis delta-endotoxin Cry1Ac is
involved in binding to Manduca sexta brush border membranes and to its
purified aminopeptidase N.
de Maagd RA, Bakker PL, Masson L, Adang MJ, Sangadala S, Stiekema W,
Bosch D
Mol Microbiol 1999 Jan 31:2 463-71
MEDLINE, full MEDLINE, related records

     Select

36. Transition state of the rate-limiting step of heat denaturation of
Cry3A delta-endotoxin.
Potekhin SA, Loseva OI, Tiktopulo EI, Dobritsa AP
Biochemistry 1999 Mar 30 38:13 4121-7
MEDLINE, full MEDLINE, related records

     Select

37. Assignment of delta-endotoxin genes of the four lepidoptera-
specific Bacillus thuringiensis strains that produce spherical
parasporal inclusions.
Wasano N, Ohba M
Curr Microbiol 1998 Dec 37:6 408-11
MEDLINE, full MEDLINE, related records

     Select

38. N-acetylgalactosamine on the putative insect receptor
aminopeptidase N is recognised by a site on the domain III lectin-like
fold of a Bacillus thuringiensis insecticidal toxin.
Burton SL, Ellar DJ, Li J, Derbyshire DJ
J Mol Biol 1999 Apr 16 287:5 1011-22
MEDLINE, full MEDLINE, related records, full text

     Select

39. Expression of a Bacillus thuringiensis delta-endotoxin gene by
Bacillus pumilus.
Selinger LB, Khachatourians GG, Byers JR, Hynes MF
Can J Microbiol 1998 Mar 44:3 259-69
MEDLINE, full MEDLINE, related records

     Select

40. [Homologous and heterologous transcription of the Cry+-plasmid in
Bacillus thuringiensis]
Smirnova TA, Bogdanova TL, Gal'perin MIu, Grigor'eva TM, Azizbekian RR
Mol Gen Mikrobiol Virusol 1987 Oct :10 23-7
MEDLINE, full MEDLINE, related records

     Select

41. Transfer of Bacillus thuringiensis plasmids coding for delta-
endotoxin among strains of B. thuringiensis and B. cereus.
González JM Jr, Brown BJ, Carlton BC
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 1982 Nov 79:22 6951-5
MEDLINE, full MEDLINE, related records

     Select

42. Bacillus thuringiensis Cry1Ac toxin interaction with Manduca sexta
aminopeptidase N in a model membrane environment [published erratum
appears in Biochem J 1998 Nov 1;335(Pt 3):711]
Cooper MA, Carroll J, Travis ER, Williams DH, Ellar DJ
Biochem J 1998 Aug 1 333 ( Pt 3): 677-83
MEDLINE, full MEDLINE, related records

     Select

43. A novel class of mosquitocidal delta-endotoxin, Cry19B, encoded by
a Bacillus thuringiensis serovar higo gene.
Hwang SH, Saitoh H, Mizuki E, Higuchi K, Ohba M
Syst Appl Microbiol 1998 Jun 21:2 179-84
MEDLINE, full MEDLINE, related records

     Select

44. Effects on larvicidal activity of single proline substitutions in
alpha3 or alpha4 of the Bacillus thuringiensis Cry4B toxin.
Uawithya P, Tuntitippawan T, Katzenmeier G, Panyim S, Angsuthanasombat C
Biochem Mol Biol Int 1998 Apr 44:4 825-32
MEDLINE, full MEDLINE, related records

     Select

45. Synergistic activity of a Bacillus thuringiensis delta-endotoxin
and a bacterial endochitinase against Spodoptera littoralis larvae.
Regev A, Keller M, Strizhov N, Sneh B, Prudovsky E, Chet I, Ginzberg I,
Koncz-Kalman Z, Koncz C, Schell J, Zilberstein A
Appl Environ Microbiol 1996 Oct 62:10 3581-6
MEDLINE, full MEDLINE, related records, full text

     Select

46. [Study of the nature of determinants for synthesis of delta-
endotoxin and beta-exotoxin in Bacillus thuringiensis subsp.
thuringiensis strains--bitoxybacillin producers]
Kuzina LV, Andreeva AL, Aslanian EM, Dobritsa AP, Danilova EB, Bocharov
EA
Mol Gen Mikrobiol Virusol 1993 Jan-Feb :1 20-4
MEDLINE, full MEDLINE, related records

     Select

47. The reconstruction and expression of a Bacillus thuringiensis
cryIIIA gene in protoplasts and potato plants.
Adang MJ, Brody MS, Cardineau G, Eagan N, Roush RT, Shewmaker CK, Jones
A, Oakes JV, McBride KE
Plant Mol Biol 1993 Mar 21:6 1131-45
MEDLINE, full MEDLINE, related records

     Select

48. Molecular cloning of the delta-endotoxin gene of Bacillus
thuringiensis var. israelensis.
Sekar V, Carlton BC
Gene 1985 33:2 151-8
MEDLINE, full MEDLINE, related records

     Select

49. The assembly and organization of the alpha 5 and alpha 7 helices
from the pore-forming domain of Bacillus thuringiensis delta-endotoxin.
Relevance to a functional model.
Gazit E, Shai Y
J Biol Chem 1995 Feb 10 270:6 2571-8
MEDLINE, full MEDLINE, related records, full text

     Select

50. The alpha-5 segment of Bacillus thuringiensis delta-endotoxin: in
vitro activity, ion channel formation and molecular modelling.
Gazit E, Bach D, Kerr ID, Sansom MS, Chejanovsky N, Shai Y
Biochem J 1994 Dec 15 304 ( Pt 3): 895-902
MEDLINE, full MEDLINE, related records

     Select

51. Isolation of a strain of Bacillus thuringiensis ssp. kurstaki HD-1
encoding delta-endotoxin Cry1E.
Chang JH, Roh JY, Je YH, Park HW, Jin BR, Woo SD, Kang SK
Lett Appl Microbiol 1998 May 26:5 387-90
MEDLINE, full MEDLINE, related records

     Select

52. Substitution of residues on the proximal side of Cry1A Bacillus
thuringiensis delta-endotoxins affects irreversible binding to Manduca
sexta midgut membrane.
Hussain SR, Aronson AI, Dean DH
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 1996 Sep 4 226:1 8-14
MEDLINE, full MEDLINE, related records, full text

     Select

53. Domain III substitution in Bacillus thuringiensis delta-endotoxin
CryIA(b) results in superior toxicity for Spodoptera exigua and altered
membrane protein recognition.
de Maagd RA, Kwa MS, van der Klei H, Yamamoto T, Schipper B, Vlak JM,
Stiekema WJ, Bosch D
Appl Environ Microbiol 1996 May 62:5 1537-43
MEDLINE, full MEDLINE, related records, full text

     Select

54. Domain III substitution in Bacillus thuringiensis delta-endotoxin
CryIA(b) results in superior toxicity for Spodoptera exigua and altered
membrane protein recognition.
de Maagd RA, Kwa MS, van der Klei H, Yamamoto T, Schipper B, Vlak JM,
Stiekema WJ, Bosch D
Appl Environ Microbiol 1996 May 62:5 1537-43
MEDLINE, full MEDLINE, related records, full text

     Select

55. Primary structure of cryX**, the novel delta-endotoxin-related gene
from Bacillus thuringiensis spp. galleriae.
Shevelev AB, Svarinsky MA, Karasin AI, Kogan YaN, Chestukhina GG,
Stepanov VM
FEBS Lett 1993 Dec 20 336:1 79-82
MEDLINE, full MEDLINE, related records

     Select

56. An analysis of Bacillus thuringiensis delta-endotoxin action on
insect-midgut-membrane permeability using a light-scattering assay.
Carroll J, Ellar DJ
Eur J Biochem 1993 Jun 15 214:3 771-8
MEDLINE, full MEDLINE, related records

     Select

57. Animal models for reactive amyloidosis.
Gruys E, Snel FW
Baillieres Clin Rheumatol 1994 Aug 8:3 599-611
MEDLINE, full MEDLINE, related records

     Select

58. Site-directed mutations in a highly conserved region of Bacillus
thuringiensis delta-endotoxin affect inhibition of short circuit
current across Bombyx mori midguts.
Chen XJ, Lee MK, Dean DH
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 1993 Oct 1 90:19 9041-5
MEDLINE, full MEDLINE, related records

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.