(no subject)

Prssnblu prssnblu at aol.commoncolor
Mon Oct 23 19:43:00 EST 2000

In article <4e.c7c8284.27234967 at aol.com>, WANDAVIS at aol.com writes:

>I am doing a high school experiment on the effect of chemicals on E. coli
>growth that requires a discussion of actual chemicals that would effect
>growth.  Do have some suggestions on chemicals that I could use other than
>chlorine and anitbiotics?

grain or isopropyl alcohol, ammonia, maybe some of the antibacterial liquid
soaps that are on the market, tri-sodium phospate (also know as Spin-n-Span),
tincture of iodine, laundry or dishwashing detergents  . . . . all of these,
along with bleach, are pretty common household products used to "clean".