(no subject)

Emir ekhatipo at NOSPAMmidway.uchicago.edu
Tue Oct 24 16:30:16 EST 2000

Don't forget to add "stuff" like glucose, fructose, other sugars, organic
acids (butyric, propionic, acetic, succinic, malic, etc.) as carbon sources,
or amino acids, nitrates, sulfates, sulfides, etc.

"Prssnblu" <prssnblu at aol.commoncolor> wrote in message
news:20001023204300.00858.00000722 at nso-cr.aol.com...
> In article <4e.c7c8284.27234967 at aol.com>, WANDAVIS at aol.com writes:
>
> >I am doing a high school experiment on the effect of chemicals on E. coli
> >growth that requires a discussion of actual chemicals that would effect
> >growth.  Do have some suggestions on chemicals that I could use other
than
> >chlorine and anitbiotics?
> >

> grain or isopropyl alcohol, ammonia, maybe some of the antibacterial
liquid
> soaps that are on the market, tri-sodium phospate (also know as
Spin-n-Span),