Postdoctoral position

Fevzi Daldal fdaldal at sas.upenn.edu
Thu Oct 26 22:00:45 EST 2000

A POSTDOCTORAL position is available in our group at the University of
Pennsylvania, Departments of Biology, Biochemistry and Biophysics
-Johnson Research Foundation. The starting date could be January 2001,
but it is flexible, as needed.

The work involves two intertwined lines of research:

Biogenesis and maturation of cytochromes and cytochrome complexes, and
Structure and function of cyt bc1 complex and cyt cbb3 oxidase

We work with photosynthetic bacteria as a model system for higher
organisms, and use molecular genetic/genomic and biophysical/biochemical
approaches. For our most recent work please see: Proc Natl. Acad. Sci
(2000) 97: 4567-4572 and Journal of Bioenergetics and Biomembranes
(review) (1999) 31: 275-288 (on cyt bc1 complex structure and function);
Molec. Microbiol (1999) 33: 704-711 (on malarial cyt b inhibitors);
Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci (1999) 96: 4348-4353 (on cyt cy)] and J. Mol.
Biol. (2000) 297: 49-65 and Molec. Microbiol (2000) 35: 123-138 (on cyt
maturation and biogenesis).

The person suitable for this position would have a solid background and
experience in any of the following areas including molecular
genetics/genomics, protein biochemistry or spectroscopy, and a desire to
learn multidisciplinary approaches to tackle significant biological
problems. The scientific environment of the University of Pennsylvania,
including the Johnson Foundation, is conducive to outstanding research,
and the salary is commensurate with experience and negotiable.

If interested please contact me ASAP with a CV, description of research
accomplishments and reference letters. For any additional information,
please do not hesitate to contact me at (215) 898-4394, Fax: (215)
898-8780 and my Email address is fdaldal at sas.upenn.edu

         Fevzi Daldal, Ph. D.
        Professor of Biology

---