freeze drying

Patrick Druggan Patrick.Druggan at btinternet.com
Sun Oct 29 14:40:03 EST 2000

Try a book called

ed Kirsop, B.E.; Snell, J.J.S. (1984) Maintenance of Microorganisms: a manual of laboratory methods. Academic Press Inc. (London ) Ltd.

ISBN 0124103502

It is probably out of print, but you chould be able to get it through the interlibrary loan system.
  ""LynnB"" <LynnB at ctech.ac.za> wrote in message news:39F94AE1.EA0039DF at ctech.ac.za...
  I am about to commence freeze drying cultures of Bifidobacterium, and as I have never attempted to do this before, I am unsure as to what to do.  Any advice, eg the addition of skim milk powder etc, will be gratefully received.
  Thanks,

  (Dr)  Lynn Brown