microbiology refrences?? please help

SuperCat a at b.c
Wed Sep 20 19:02:02 EST 2000

Hello, I am producing a book for a thesis project which needs to address
the issue of ecology, economomy, and nature.

I chose to focus on microbiology and the effects human interference with
nature has altered both the organisms and us.

For instance, antibacterial agents and gene therapy producing super
pathogens...or the abundance of algae suffocating the seas.
As this is an art class, the imagery is more important than the written
content..however I need specific facts and a complete grasp on the
fundamental issues at hand.

Could someone point me in the right direction in terms of research material
and books which may be helpful??

PS..i have no formal science background so non technical books may be more
helpful.

thank you.