Caffeine information for Justin

Derek Law dlaw at idgplc.com
Fri Sep 22 05:25:00 EST 2000

I have just carried out a quick serach on MedLine using  caffeine and E.
coli as the serach parameters, there are numerous papers from the early 90's
describing effects of caffeine on DNA damage and inhibition of DNA repair in
E. coli. This is the sort of information that Justin was looking for.  I am
not sure what concentrations of caffeine exert these effects but they are
likely to be higher than those encountered from normal caffeine intake.

Hope this is helpful

Derek Law

IDG (UK)

news:5jGy5.3070$He3.48735 at news2-win.server.ntlworld.com...