Caffeine Information for Justin

Patrick Druggan Patrick.Druggan at btinternet.com
Thu Sep 28 15:58:33 EST 2000

Justin, caffeine is too small to intercalate the DNA, compare the structure
of caffeine to ehtidium bromide or actinomycin D.

Nice idea about overcoming resistance, but what will the unique mechanism be
that prokaryotes will use to accumulate your toxin that won't occur in human
cells.

It is not about finding a toxin, its about exploiting unique delivery
systems or unique synthetic pathways.

I guess we will all be needing to be drink de-caff to stop the spread of
resistance ;-)

Pd.

news:20000927131416.34012.qmail at web3208.mail.yahoo.com...