C. tetanii

Yjgent yjgent at aol.com
Thu Sep 28 18:51:41 EST 2000

>We have grown a clostridium tetanii on our lab., how special is that.
>
>Richard.

Isolating a serious pathogen or a rare organism is a thrill I have always felt,
only to be tempered by the thought that some one has a serious infection that
needs proper treatment. I have never grown (from a patient) C. tetanii, but
have had my share of Yersinia, Salmonella, Shigella, Vibrio and Mycobacterium
isolates. I felt pretty good about it but made sure the doctor was notified to
the finds.

The rarest organism I've seen is "DF2" in a fatal dog bite.

And someone already said - be careful! These bugs can kill.

John
John Gentile M(ASCP)                   President - Rhode Island Apple Group
yjgent at aol.com
Microbiologists do it with culture.