malachite

Patrick Druggan Patrick.Druggan at btinternet.com
Sat Sep 30 07:23:34 EST 2000

Jane, I recommend throwing away any old stains and buying some new ones -
they are not expensive.

Okay malachite green oxalate is used in selective media for the isolation of
Salmonella - unless you intend to make some Rappaport-Vassiliadis broth they
send this for disposal (obtain the correct UN code before sending it for
disposal).

Malachite green base (free base?) can be converted into malachite green
regular (?) by adding equimolar amounts of hydrochloric acid. That is
provided that the 'regular' you use is the chloride salt, and that the base
is the free base.

If you need more help, you've got the address. Pd.

news:39D2970A.DD3C59D7 at iwl.net...