newbie question

Peter Noverini rdvarc at ameritech.net
Sat Sep 30 09:34:41 EST 2000

Lynn wrote in message <39D5CA48.F6FD4526 at xtra.co.nz>...

>Now I know why Im paid so little
>cheers Lynn

*Pete chokes on his morning coffee laughing*

I guess the take-home point in all of this is, get out in the actual job
market and away from the uni's.  I'm an extreme case, but the first thing I
did out of college was get a job in the pharma industry.  My first job was a
low level techie, but after a few months I was doing routine microbiology,
etc etc etc.  I guess what I'm saying is that go into these companies and
say, "I've got my degree, now let me show you what I can do."  And if takes
a little bit of learning, a little sweat, then so be it, but in 2-3 years
you have a pat background in mol. biotech. PLUS the experience, and that
should make climbing up the ladder a bit easier on you.

-Pete