Bacitracin and Group A Streps

KKiser6239 kkiser6239 at aol.com
Sat Aug 4 08:14:55 EST 2001

>I think I would trust the latex as being more specific for Group A where the
>PYR could be positive by other organisms - especially a beta hemolytic
>Enterococcus.

Are you reporting as Group A Streptococcus or S. pyogenes?  There are small
colony B-streps that are A positive and PYR negative that are not S. pyogenes.
(They are S. anginosus)

Karen

"It's a very ancient saying, but a true & honest thought, that if you become a
teacher, by your pupils you'll be taught." The  King & I  (Getting To Know You)

Karen Kiser MA MT(ASCP)
St. Louis, Mo.
kkiser6239 at aol.com