Bacitracin and Group A Streps

Patrick Druggan Patrick.Druggan at btinternet.com
Sun Aug 5 06:33:18 EST 2001

I'm British, in the mid-90s I worked in Germany for about two years, and
came to experience the similarities and differences the two Micobiological
cultures - excuse the pun. The German's use sheep blood like the Americans,
and have different expectations from selective media.

At first I thought that the 'national' preferences were dependant on who the
main regional supplier was, but it is more complex than that. Lab
organisation has an influence, the education system etc.

Are there true differences in the methodologies used on the different coasts
in the US? Or is the whole thing just more heterogeneous in the States? Pd.