Source Sampling

Des O'Connor des at micro-search.com
Sat Dec 8 09:00:27 EST 2001

Ray

I think the value of the storage  tactics you mention  may  be low.

Bacterial waterborne pathogens  such as gram negative rods for example have
realtively short but variable half lifes  in stored water samples.

Chilling or freezing may  oprate to produce non recoverability. Such factors
would therefore cloud any epidemiological  effort.

While a few know water bourne pathogens ( some viruses, spores etc)  may
surive extended retention under the stroge conditions mentioned I would
suggest most would not.

If there is risk to public health in your area  then adivse your funding
authority to get their ethics in and stop putting human health at risk.

Hope this helps.

Des