Biochemical Test Results - S. epidermidis

Derek Law dlaw at
Wed Feb 7 11:09:40 EST 2001

Staph epidermidis is both oxidative and fermentative, however I am not sure about sorbitol, I can't find it in any books,  try it!

Derek Law

Company Microbiologist

  "Anson Kendall" <anson_kendall at> wrote in message news:LAW2-F75ad2VqKwRPQI000006a0 at
  I'm looking for the O/F test result for S. epidermidis.  I've consulted the Bergey's manual for bacteriology and I can not seem to find it.  For the same organism, S. epidermidis, I'm also looking for the test result for Sorbitol.

  If you can provide this information to me, that would be greatly appreciated.

  Thank you very much, your understanding and co-operation in this matter is, aforementioned, greatly appreciated

  Anson "Mouse" Kendall B.Sc

  anson_kendall at

  2197 Rodick Road  185 Lester Street Unit #2
  Unionville, Ontario   Waterloo, Ontario
  L6C 1S3                 N2L 3W3

  (905)887-1495 Unionville(Markham)
  (416)739-2136 24hr. pager