pathogen info

Lesley Robertson l.a.robertson at
Tue Feb 27 11:27:44 EST 2001

"wayne conlan" <wayne.conlan at> wrote in message
news:3A9BCAD0.9A164684 at
> Hi Eric:
>             Have you been in touch with Health Canada or CFIA?  They'll
> to give you an import licence and should be able to help with
> questions. However, if this request is a follow-up to contact with them,
> they've asked you for this info, then why not just declare them as risk
> 2 agents (no E. coli is classified higher than this in North America) and
> the appropriate forms?

You'll find the information on the European BioSafety site. The specific
page with addresses is:
There are regulations regarding transport of pathogens as well, also given
on the same page.
Another section of the same site gives E. coli as risk group 2.
The index to this site is:

No doubt this is also available on a Canadian server, but I don't have the
Lesley Robertson