pathogen info

Derek Law dlaw at idgplc.com
Wed Feb 28 03:22:50 EST 2001

Out of interest there is an article in the December 2000 edition of the
Journal of Applied Microbiology (Vol 89 part 6, pages 1048-1058) titled  'An
investigation into the pathogenic properties of Escherichia coli strains
BLR, BL21, DH5 alpha and EQ' by H. Chart, H. R. Smith et al.  This showed
that none of the strains tested including DH5 carried  recognized pathogenic
mechansims and did not produce disease in a a variety of animals.

Derek Law

LAB M

Lesley Robertson <l.a.robertson at stm.tudelft.nl> wrote in message
news:97gki1$arj$1 at news.tudelft.nl...

> "wayne conlan" <wayne.conlan at nrc.ca> wrote in message
> news:3A9BCAD0.9A164684 at nrc.ca...
> > Hi Eric:
> >             Have you been in touch with Health Canada or CFIA?  They'll
> need
> > to give you an import licence and should be able to help with
> pathogenicity
> > questions. However, if this request is a follow-up to contact with them,
> and
> > they've asked you for this info, then why not just declare them as risk
> group
> > 2 agents (no E. coli is classified higher than this in North America)
and