sugar-free soda

RW rwuhrman at
Tue Jan 2 07:45:27 EST 2001

In article <Pine.GSO.4.10.10012221142300.24986-
100000 at>,
  "Gary G. Wilson" <ggw5 at> wrote:
> Do bacteria metabolise the artificial sugars used in diet sodas?  More
> spcifically, are diet sodas as bad for teeth as regular soda?
> Gary G Wilson

Don't discount the effect of the phosphoric acid present in many diet
and "regular" sodas too.  I read somewhere that if you take a tooth and
put it in coke it will dissolve in about 24-48 hours.  Though that
seems somewhat fast to me, it would seem to make for an interesting

Any willing volunteers wanna pull a tooth out for the benefit of us
soda drinkers?

Sent via