32* incubator humidity?

Neil MacCallister nmaccallister at webtv.net
Wed Jan 3 05:06:56 EST 2001

Good setpoint for doing Aerobic Plate Counts ,,(as per USP-24 <61> for
example)?
"I don"t want the plates to dry in 48 hrs (they were at the ambient
32%),..nor the agars/cfu's to drown in condensate. I've bumped it up to
75% from a suppliers recommended 40-60%..
.(they were still drying).  Why not 85?  No condensate is forming
inside the incubator,..it is well insulated.   I am using commercially
prepared (Letheen) agar plates, used before their expiration date. The
agars were kept sealed and refrigerated before use.