Nitrosomonas Growth Media

Lesley Robertson l.a.robertson at
Fri Jan 12 04:46:00 EST 2001

"lohue" <lohue at> wrote in message
news:3A5DF237.2CA0 at
> Can someone tell me what is the growth media for nitrosomonas
> and nitrobacter. I need to be able to identify this bacteria and also
> I need a medium that can growth large population of this bacteria.
Look in your library for the Prokaryotes - there's media given in there.
Alternatively, most research papers about these bugs include medium recipes.
If you want to grow large quantities, you'd be best using continuous culture
to keep the nitrite levels (produced by one and required by the other) low.
Lesley Robertson