growth media for waking bacteria

Richard Oeffner roeffner at csusm.edu
Wed Jan 17 12:38:11 EST 2001

In my experience, you use the normal media that you use for growing the
organism in question. I have been doin this for a year, with several
hundered samples and have had very few problems with growth from frozen
cultures.  The only precaution I usually take is in the freezing, by
adding glycerol before placing samples in cryotubes and then freezing
@-70°C.

Richard Oeffner
Cal State San Marcos, USA